Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Unable to Install latest Graphic Drivers for my ATI Radeon HD 3650. AG

• Please log in to reply

Lykathea

Lykathea

• PipPip
  • 53 posts
I made a previous topic about this but didn't have a chance to check it or find it.
I have a ATI Radeon HD 3650, AGP. I'm on Windows XP.

I've been trying to install the latest graphic drivers for the card however I keep getting this message:

Setup did not find a driver compatible with your current hard or operating system.
Setup will now exit.

Image of Error: http://i43.tinypic.com/4l58qq.jpg

I'm sure I have the correct drivers for the card and my operating system. I've uninstalled everything and reinstalled everything and I'm still having problems, I've tried install the full suite package and just the display drivers but getting the same error message each time. I am completely sure my card is still supported. I've deactivated my anti-spyware and virus programs while doing the installation aswell and have .NET 2.0 installed. I can install the drivers from the disc that comes with the card, however my PC monitor goes black now and again and doesn't run games correctly.

I can't seem to figure out any logical reason why this shouldn't be more simple, can someone please help?

Edited by Lykathea, 05 January 2009 - 04:49 AM.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
did this card come with your computer? If so, can you tell us more about your computer? It you bought it separately, can you tell us who makes the card?

Lykathea

Lykathea

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
I've decided to purchase another motherboard and graphics card, however if you would still like to know, please tell me. This topic can be closed now. Thank you anyway.