Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows keeps finding a Printer on boot up

• Please log in to reply

mikell808

mikell808

• PipPip
  • 87 posts
I have gone thru about every step imaginable and this re-occuring problem still happens. Everytime I boot up Windows says it finds new hardware "Printer" I have removed everything but the motherboard and it still finds it. I downloaded all the motherboard drivers and re-installed each one again. I have disabled the printer port in the bios. Theres nothing left that I can remove from the system. My mother board is a PCChips m787CL+ and yes I did upgrade the Bios.

Any suggestions.

Advertisements

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
when you go to start/ control panel/ printers and faxes, are there any printers shown?

mikell808

mikell808

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

when you go to start/ control panel/ printers and faxes, are there any printers shown?

The only printers in the list are 2 PDF writers. I removed and unstalled the printers at the beggining.

Thanks.