Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Overall Slow Computer Functions

• Please log in to reply

jgmoney0

jgmoney0

• Pip
  • 3 posts
My laptop recently has been running very slow. It takes minutes to load up internet pages and often a long time to open Microsoft Word and Excel and other programs as well. It may just be that the laptop is old and is running out of juice, I got the computer roughly 4 years ago. But I would like to see if the problem could be fixed and add some life to it. Please let me know what I need to do. Thanks.

Jason

Advertisements

lurky

lurky

• PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
I'd recommend taking a stroll over to the Malware forum and reading the stickied notes. If you still have problems, Go ahead and post a hijack this log for a malware expert to look over.

-Matt :]

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
This doesn't sound malware related, please don't go over there

Read this instead

http://www.geekstogo...ow-t210685.html

jgmoney0

jgmoney0

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

This doesn't sound malware related, please don't go over there

Read this instead

http://www.geekstogo...ow-t210685.html

So I did the things on that list and it still is running as slow as before. Are there any other tips you have that could help?