Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

dead Gateway gt5032 advice

• Please log in to reply

gt5032

gt5032

• Pip
  • 3 posts
OK, I have one of the thousands of dead Gateway's that use the Foxconn C51GU01 MB. I am also seing some that use the FIC KTB51G on Ebay with the same condition, no POST, video, or keyboard, only harddrive and fans work. I have read that maybe FIC made the boards for Foxconn. I contacted Foxconn, they said "we supply the board but don't support it". The 2 boards look the same so who knows?
I have my board out, can see no popped capacitors or burned area. Had the power supply tested, they told me it was ok. reset the BIOS and unplugged everything plus all the other tips I have read in the last 3 months.
questions,
what is the actual failure on these boards?
if both boards fail, what makes the board fail? is it another part or even the case?
does any body repair them?
can I make my Gateway supplied W-XP work with a new board that is not an exact replacement? if so, how do I do that?
I am so disgusted with Gateway, they must know this is a problem board, but they simply don't care. they should be taken to court.
thanks in advance for any advice.

Advertisements