Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Unable to open windows/Use functions within windows

• Please log in to reply

Joecat1221

Joecat1221

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Hello all and thanx for your help ahead of time,

If i have too many windows open (too many being more than 4) or a combination of windows and tabs on internet explorer i cant open more windows or tabs or use functions such as save a link to favorites or open my favorites. while this is going on if i get task manager to open by closeing out of windows or tabs on IE the task manager window will flash every couple of seconds. Now i do download alot off the net and i use Windows live one care for my virus protection, its up to date and i ran a complete systems scan and it came back clean. This problem came out of nowhere and i cant figure out what the deal is.

~JoE~ :)

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Please, post some computer info:
- processor type, amount of RAM (hold Windows key, hit Pause/Break key)
- hard drive size/free space (open "My Computer", right click on hard drive letter, click "Properties")

Joecat1221

Joecat1221

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
microsoft windows XP Home edition version 2002 SP3

Pentium 4 3GHz
1GB Ram
186 Gig HD with 81 Gigs Free

Hope thats enough

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
I suggest you go to the Malware Forum and run all the steps located in the START HERE. These self-help tools will help you clean up 70% of problems on your own. If you are still having problems after doing the steps, then please post a HiJackThis Log in THAT forum. If you are unable to run and/or post a HJT log, then post that in your initial post in the topic you create in that forum.

If you are still having problems after being given a clean bill of health from the malware expert, then please return to THIS thread and we will pursue other options to help you solve your current problem(s).

Joecat1221

Joecat1221

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Ok took care of 3 bugs that my programm missed and im no longer having trouble with not being able to open multiple windows. Thanx for your help!!

~Joe~

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
You're welcome :)