Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Topic unsubscribe

• Please log in to reply

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
I subscribe to a lot of topics for various reasons. Let's say, at some point I want to unsubscribe from some topic.
It's kind of long way. Go to "My controls", find the topic, checkmark it, click '"Unsubscribe".
On many other boards, there is usually automatic, clickable link in topic's email notification to unsubscribe.
When clicked on, some boards will simply display "You've been unsubscribed from the topic", or ask "Are you sure?", or to that meaning.
Would it be possible to get same kind of feature here?
Thanks.

Advertisements

ScHwErV

ScHwErV

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 21,285 posts
  • MVP
That would be a forum software issue. While we do some mods to our forum software, something like that would be pretty significant.

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Great idea, but really something that has to be built into the forum software. I've been bugging them for ages for a one-click unsubscribe from topic reply notification emails. So far, no luck.

P.S. There's also a 14-day auto unsubscribe if a topic goes with no replies.

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Thanks for the info :)