Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Webroot Spy Sweeper Internet Communication Shield - system slow

• Please log in to reply

FMV

FMV

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Dear Sir/Madam:

Recently, my computer has been acting strangely, slowing down, freezing up momentarily, taking a long time to load internet explorer, sometimes shutting down internet explorer and promting me to send an error report. I downloaded and installed some of the malware cleaning guide applications from the downloads section, such as Malewarebytes Anti-malware, Super Anti-Spysweeper, Spyware Guard, Avast! etc. After running several of these, and finding the Win32-ad gen and cleaning it out, along with other spyware, I found that I was still having some problems with Explorer and I downloaded Spy Bot. This seemed to speed up the system and after running all of the spy sweepers and the avast again, these found no further infections. After this, my Webroot Spy Sweeper (which I have had installed for years) is now constantly popping up a notification that the "Internet Communication Shield has blocked access to" and it states a different website every time, each whose names sound strange, as if they are malicious sites. Sometimes, Avast also pops up a notification that a malicious website communication has been blocked. I am not sure why this is happening all of a sudden. It also seems that my system is slowing down as well, the task manager placing the performance varying between 30% and 70% and it says i have 55 processes going on, which does not seem correct.

How can I correct this? I uninstalled the spybot because I think this may have all started after I downloaded this program. I don't know what else to do because the sweeps are not catching any kinds of infections. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Fatima

Advertisements