Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Security,Primarily Registry issues

• Please log in to reply

sixstringchef

sixstringchef

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hello everyone,
I actually used to be quite good with computers but have been "out of the loop" so to speak for a few years. I am lost with Vista at the moment and the last real OS I was familiar with was ME. Ther are so many security products out there,so far,Norton IS had been ok for what it's made for and I've heard good things about the free version of AVAST. I also have a friend-quite proficient-who swears by Pro Defender 15-in-1. I haven't seen many good reviews online on any product,obviously angry people are more likely to respond.
This maybe a stupid question,but what are your recomendations? I was curious about using the Norton IS and doing a partial install on 15-1 and installing only the registry tool. Comments? Suggestions?

Advertisements

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
I have never heard of Pro Defender so thats probably not a good thing

Avast is very good. Avira is my personal choice

sixstringchef

sixstringchef

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Sorry, I wrote it wrong. It's Defender Pro 15-in1. Basically,my problem is that I've had registry problems slow and crash my computer and I'm looking for a reliable registry monitor/fixer on a very VERY low budget! :)

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
I still have not heard of it

We don't recommend registry cleaners here, they don't help increase your PC performance

Have a read of this

http://www.geekstogo...ow-t210685.html