Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

FIREFOX-WHY DOESN'T QUICKTIME, WINDOWS MEDIA WORK

• Please log in to reply

eskimo7

eskimo7

• Pip
  • 2 posts
:tazz:

Firefox haslousy support. I can not get either my windows media player, real player ,even quick time to work. When the "plug inwindows"appears it tells me to install quicktime.. I did ..three times and still it will not play audio files I have placed on my website. I have enabled ALlaudio types, but still no luck. Can anyone PLEASE inplainsimple english (no tech talk) tell me how to get the audio files heard with Firefox.?
I have tried mozillas forum ,and it was not helpful.

Advertisements

WhyBeNormal

WhyBeNormal

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
First of all, on the internet, USING ALL CAPS IS CONSIDERED SHOUTING, and is rude.

Second of all, did you read this thread?

eskimo7

eskimo7

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
First off, "one"word was in all caps, to emphasize my statement. Second,I read the thread and there was no helpful advice, and if there is ,kindly point it out to me, and save the criticism. Thanks

WhyBeNormal

WhyBeNormal

• PipPip
  • 30 posts

First off,  "one"word was in all caps, to emphasize my statement.

I was refering to the thread title.

Second,I read the thread and there was no helpful advice, and if there is ,kindly point it out to me, and save the criticism. Thanks

You followed the instuctions on those mozillaZine guides and it's still not working?

Have you tried creating a new profile? Use the Profile Manager to make a new one. Copy these files from the old profile to your new one: bookmarks.html (Bookmarks.) prefs.js (Current user preferences.) user.js (User-added preferences. You won't have this file unless you already made it. It's a user-created file that overrides prefs.js) cookies.txt (Cookies.) hostperm.1 (Cookies permissions, image permissions, and extension website install permissions list.) signons.txt (Saved passwords. Requires the "key3.db" file to work.) key3.db (Supplements password file.)

Edited by WhyBeNormal, 07 May 2005 - 12:45 PM.