Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Mirc causes Disconnect

• Please log in to reply

therock247uk

therock247uk

Expert

• Expert
  • 14,672 posts
  • MVP
No need to forward any ports to be able to connect to irc does this router have some kinda firewall that might be blocking out going connections on port 6667? also try using frack.wyldryde.org ports 4400/7029/1755/7070 to connect?

Advertisements

PedroDaGR8

PedroDaGR8

• PipPipPip
  • 786 posts
Can you tell me what revision of the router you have (it will probably be mentioned on the bottom of the router) a few revisions of the router can run DD-WRT. Which is an aftermarket firmware that could solve our problems. In general though I have seen a lot of bad things about this router online.

Oblivionon360

Oblivionon360

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts
The revision f my routern is D-1

PedroDaGR8

PedroDaGR8

• PipPipPip
  • 786 posts
Ugh, it seems like that one is not supported either. HOnestly, the problem is with your router and I have no clue what else to try.

hamsterhill

hamsterhill

• Pip
  • 1 posts
i have the exact same problem... my modem is also a d-link so i think your on the right track with this modem theory.

i cant use any software but there is a browser based client that will at least let you use irc its called mibbit. (it workes for me atleast)

lavagolemking

lavagolemking

• PipPipPip
  • 282 posts
They might have a firmware update available for your router, if you feel comfortable doing that. That has usually solved my friends' problems with wireless routers.

Oblivionon360

Oblivionon360

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts
Well my router is no longer supported online so im not actually sure how to update the firmware on my router

Edited by Oblivionon360, 24 January 2009 - 10:31 PM.