Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Power problem on new build

• Please log in to reply

Robie7642003

Robie7642003

• Pip
  • 9 posts
First off, glad to find this great forum.

Here's my situation: doing my second ever build. I have gotten to power installed (Silverstone 700 watt strider series) in my Antec Solo case, Gigabyte EP45-E3UDR motherboard with Intel Core 2 Duo E7300 2.66GHz CPU with 8 GB memory.

All power from PSU hooked up to 24 pin, etc., and all power, reset, fan connectors, etc. from case to MB and from CPU to MB. I want to test power at this point before putting in drives, graphics, etc. So I plugged in the PSU and pressed the power button. I get a brief flash of the power light on the front of the case, then nothing else. No fans, beeps, etc. Nothing. If I unplug the PSU and plug in again, the same thing happens when I press the power button. I have double checked connectors and all seem to be in place with the proper polarity.

BTW, on the Silverstone PSU (ST70) there does not seem to be an I/O switch.

So I know there is some power going through to get the light briefly. Not sure if it's the case, the CPU, the MB or what? Any suggestions, help etc greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Larry

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
What's an EP45-E3UDR? There is no such Gigabyte board. Do you want to check that model number?

Robie7642003

Robie7642003

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Oops, that was a typo: EP45-UD3R. But I got everything working after doing a bench test with another PSU. But then mine worked fine, so I must have connected something wrong the first time around.
Thanks,
Larry