Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Trying to Install a WebCam...

• Please log in to reply

Gregg123

Gregg123

• PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
Hi,
I have something called a IntuixUSB PC Camera (WebCam to me!), I have used it on my work PC (installation was very easy) & I am now trying to use it on my laptop.

I have the User Manual, Installation CD & the WebCam - obviously!

When I insert the CD, it makes a few noises & nothing happens. So, I follow their instructions: Start > Run > D:\Setup.exe - and I get an error message:

Windows cannot read from this disk. The disk might be corrupted, or it could be using a format that is not compatible with Windows.

So...I went on the Search for the Drivers - not easy because this this doesn't appear to have a Model Number. But I found something and downloaded the Zip file to my desktop and then extracted the files.

The good news (or so I thought) is that the PDF manual with the drivers is the same as mine!

In the Driver folder I clicked Setup.exe and the set up process starts correctly - until I get a new Error message:

Please update your XP Version to Service Pack 2

I thought this was strange - Auto update is on. So, I found out how to check and I already have SP3 - no problems there!

There are a load of other folders that came with the Driver I downloaded, but my extremely limited knowledge is now exhausted, and all I know is the WebCam doesn't work!

Finally, even though it tells me not to connect the Camera until the Setup finishes - I plugged it in the USB. It is recognised but 'New hardware Wizard' can find nothing.

:)

Thanks in advance!

Gregg

Advertisements

Tiny164

Tiny164

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
I had the same problem with my first one..

I'm not very experienced with this, but maybe it just isn't compatible with your computer?

That is what happened with mine, and it isn't worth it to keep trying.

wambo

wambo

• PipPip
  • 42 posts
Have you thought about going straight to the manufacturers website?

This is the best option.

Gregg123

Gregg123

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
That was the first thing I tried - their website (which is in the Manual) doesn't seem to exist any more. www.Intuix.net

But I have the drivers I need, I think - they just don't work. Is there a way to test them?

wambo

wambo

• PipPip
  • 42 posts
http://www.driver-ce...7e8-driver.html

Try there

Gregg123

Gregg123

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

http://www.driver-ce...7e8-driver.html

Try there

Tried it - page just expires when I try to download! :)