Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't remove program - not in Add/Remove Programs

• Please log in to reply

chrisg6152

chrisg6152

• PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
Bit of a confusing one this.

My wife uses the home PC to access her works server, the program she uses (or the server) is Citrix Access Platform. It's been working fine for ages but the other day when she logged in the Citrix window advised her that siftware needed updating and there was link that that was supposed to remove/update her existing software.

She clicked on the link, but it would appear that something went wrong as she can no longere access her work server - it says that she hasn't got the relevant software and when she tries to load it, the server throws her out.

I thought that it won't be a problem - I'll just use System Restore and go back to prior to the update but System Restore keeps failing!!! (but that's for another day)

So she spoke to her IT people and they seemed to think that when the application was being updated, part of it didn't complete but should be OK when the PC re-started - WRONG!

So they advised that she removed the Citrix software via the Add/Remove Program function in Control Panel.

PROBLEM - Citrix does not show up in the Add/Remove Program list even though it is listed if I explore C/Programs. I have had a quick look through the files in the Citrix folder to see if I could manually remove it if it had an uninist.exe file, but there isn't one.

I have attached a screen print of Citrix folder for info.

Do you know of any way I can uninstall the program? I have tried a couple of Uninstall programs but they don't list the Citrix Program either.

Thanks in anticipation

Chris G

Advertisements