Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help with wired and wireless network using xbox live

• Please log in to reply

zjcl

zjcl

• Pip
  • 1 posts
It all started with two wired computers and a wireless laptop on a secure network using the Linksys WRT54GS router and a westell 6100 modem. My ISP is Verizon DSL. Everything was working fine until we got XBOX live. I hooked it up wireless - it works, however, have a few issues now. It wouldn't find the network that was already established. Went back and forth with Verizon and Linksys - the modem is set up as bridge and the network is now open and not secured. We have to keep resetting the router as if you play the xbox and then go to get on the computer later, it will not get an IP. I would also like to have the network be secure again. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Advertisements

wambo

wambo

• PipPip
  • 42 posts
Some issues with XBOX Live are resolved by opening your NAT.

You have to go to the config for your router, some default IPs to type in your web 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.1.2

If its neither of them check your manual with it or try the help sections on the Linksys website.

Im not 100% about opening the NAT on a linksys router so either find out how to do this or just see what you can do yourself.

Hope I've helped.

Thanks