Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Missing drives...now MM reader wont work

• Please log in to reply

MarkIT89

MarkIT89

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I've recently noticed that the random drives such as the I, J, K, L, & G drives are missing from the devices with removable storage in the my computer screen. not that there was anything in them or that they were being used... but they always took the place of my USB flash or SD cards, etc... i found this out when i bought 2 new san disk 2GB sd cards and i plugged one in and i got an error message about how a USB device plugged into the computer has malfunctioned... etc etc i dont have it memorized... but it now doesnt read the cards and im afraid to try my flash drive because i have stuff on it for school... this is quite a huge incovenience, my ipod seems to update and work properly, i tried a restore point, and nothing, i have a dell inspiron 531 with windows vista... please help

Edited by MarkIT89, 11 January 2009 - 10:18 PM.

Advertisements