Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Laptopharddrive into desktop

• Please log in to reply

mcdanielnc89

mcdanielnc89

• PipPipPip
  • 171 posts
kay, I have http://www.newegg.co...N82E16812203012 ill this work to transfer my HP Pavilion DV9000 harddrive contents to my emachines T3096 desktop computer?

Advertisements

Gnomad1600

Gnomad1600

• PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
Looks to me like it should work.

mcdanielnc89

mcdanielnc89

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts
OK thanks.. I pray it does, LOL..

PedroDaGR8

PedroDaGR8

• PipPipPip
  • 786 posts
COming in late, online I saw that your model of laptop may have an SATA Laptop HD. If so, you don't need an adapter at all. SATA laptop and SATA desktop have the same connectors (as opposed to IDE).

You should look at your HD and see what the connectors are, if they are a hole bunch of pins alligned in two parallel rows running along the back of the drive then it is IDE and you need the adapter, if it is two blade like L-shaped connectors with the pins actually attacehd to the blades then you have SATA.