Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

trouble with internet pages

• Please log in to reply

dj_Louth

dj_Louth

• Pip
  • 7 posts
please can anyone help me.

i have a problem with my internet. everytime i go to send an email from hotmail, the page closes down when i hit the send button and the email dosent send. also when i went to purchase some tickets off the net and i hit the purchase button on the page, the same thing happened and the page closed.

what is wrong here and can anyone tell me how to fix the problem.

Advertisements

Dan

Dan

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 1,771 posts
A malicous file may be causing this.
Download the following (free) programs, update them, and scan your computer.
Anti-Spyware
#1: Lavasoft Adware
#2: Microsoft Anti-spyware Beta

Anti-Virus
#1: avast! 4 Home Edition Download
#2: Anti-Vir Personal Edition

If you're still having trouble, start your computer in 'Safe Mode with Networking', and see if you can send e-mails via hotmail -- if you can, then it means it is a malicous file on your system that has yet to be removed. Or, if your browser still closes, then it may be that your Internet Explorer is outdated, and needs to be updated.

rstones12

rstones12

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 3,731 posts
dj_Louth,
As Dan G has posted, these are preliminary steps.

If you are having issues you may want to post a HJT log:

Please read and follow the steps in the link provided before posting a HJT log into the forums.

http://www.geekstogo..._Log-t2852.html

Thanks,
rstones12