Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

All my passwords are deleted?

• Please log in to reply

Eza

Eza

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hello, these days i am having lots of problems with mozilla firefox (a fast browser like IE(Internet explorer)). First of all it always crashes and i thought that i had a problem with my internet which then i realised i didn't because IE works well and never crashes. I use Mozilla cause it's fast and the only browser i can rely on (an old user). But now today i checked all the websites i was registered to now it doesn't show the username and passwords i registered for it?! Also from now on i can't save any passwords for any website :) I might need to change my default browser but i just love Mozilla for it's fast and the awesome add-ons it has. Is there a way to fix this?

P.S: The crashes happened for the past 2 weeks or so and the remember passwords happened yesterday-today. Also my internet slowed down a lot it starts with (when it shows the how fast it's downloading) with 5 kb/s! and then starts going up to the usual speed of 150kb/s+? So when i play watch movies online games on my ps3 it goes at terrible speeds? I'm connected to Telstra and only used 48% of my allowance...

Thank you...

Advertisements

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
What version of Firefox? I'm on version 3.0.5 and it seems very stable for me. Is there anything in particular that seems to make it crash?

As far as the passwords, were any settings changed? Go to Tools > Options and click on Privacy. Is "Always Clear Private Data" checked? If so, try unchecking it. If you want it to clear some private data, then go into settings and make sure the option to erase saved passwords isn't checked.