Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't open WP documents

• Please log in to reply

Ginmay

Ginmay

• Pip
  • 8 posts
I'm having a problem with my word processor program, MS Works 6.0. For some strange reason it will only open certain documents. Most of the time I get this message, "....MS Works cannot launch the requested document. Perhaps it has been moved or deleted....." I haven't deleted or moved the files, so what could be happening? Most of my documents have been backed up, but I would like to know what is causing the problem so that I can correct it.

My PC seems to be working fine except for this problem. My firewall and a/v are up to date.

Any suggestions?

Ginny

Win XP
2.30 Ghz Celeron
80 GB (61 GB free)
512 RAM
Norton's firewall & a/v
MS Works 6.0

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
are you opening the documents directly, or are you clicking shortcuts or "recent documents"--where are the documents listed?

Ginmay

Ginmay

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
I'm clicking on them directly in MS Works from the history list. I have not gone through the entire list of documents, but some open and some go to the error message that MS Works cannot launch, etc..... .

Thanks for your interest.

Ginmay

Ginmay

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
I think I found the problem! After re-examining the list of documents in my MS Works which is lengthy, I realized that there are duplicate entries for the date that the document was created and another entry for when it was re-opened. I simply removed the duplicate entries and everything is cool again.

Thanks for your help! :tazz: