ok my computer has been broken for 3 weeks now.
1. i have a keyboard with a shutdown button. so i pressed it to turn it off before going to work and came home to it rebooting. i also had just done some windows xp updates
2. im at work so im not sure of everything. i have an amd processor, asus lan party system board (something like that) and a SATA hard drive. i am running windows xp pro sp2
3. i did a windows repair and found all the files needed to make a new driver disk for my sata hard drive.
4. when doing the windows setup/ repair it said i was missign two files siwinacc.sys and some other file but i went ahead with the repair without them.
i finally got to the desktop and it lasted about 3 minutes before giving me an error message about missing those files and rebooting.
5. i made a new disk with all the files and did a repair again. the repair gave me no error message but then when it was done it started to reboot again and i have yet to see my desktop again.
okay so that is what i have done so far. i was thinking it might be that startup virus w32nochi.worm or whatever but how do i get rid of it without getting to my desktop?? please help me im gonna throw it out the window.
oh and i would really like to not format my hard drive because i have pictures of my sisters wedding that i cannot get back...(i know i should of made a cd)!!