Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

XP error message on shutdown

• Please log in to reply

GWats

GWats

• PipPip
  • 50 posts
I while back, I went to "Add or Remove Programs" and got rid of some things that I wasn't using and I suspected were slowing things down on my computer. Since that time, whenever I shutdown, it goes right to the end of the shutdown process and then a blue screen comes up, saying:

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Technical Info
***Stop:0x000000D1 (0x0000001C, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0F6426A14, 0xF62A6A14)
Cap 713x.sys Address F62A6A14 base at Date Stamp 40c73741
F6377000
If this is the first ime you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If the screen appears again, follow these steps ........
...and the message goes on from there....

Any ideas on what I can do to allow my computer to shut down properly?

Advertisements

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
Do you know what programs you removed? Evidently it didn't like the removal of 1 of them.
Were you having any issues prior to the add/ remove part?
Have you tried a system restore? Yes your programs will be re-installed, but if the problem goes away, we can look at removal of 1 program at a time.
Have you looked at event log to see if there is anything showing up.

Some reading

WINDOWS XP STOP MESSAGES

STOP ERRORS