Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

no sound, where is the mother board number on my computer

• Please log in to reply

debbi973

debbi973

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi there,
I am having the same problem as alot of people it seems. I have no sound on my computer once it was wiped and xp reloaded on it. I have that yellow question mark next to multimedia audio driver, and if I click on audio it says no audio device.
I have tried to find the driver using my machine make and model number with no luck. I read that I should find out my mother board chip number but can not find it. I have looked inside and out, could any one help me. Maybe I am looking in the wrong place.
Thanks

Advertisements

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,529 posts
Hi and welcome to geeks to go.

First, what type of computer is it? What is the manufacturer? such as Dell, HP, gateway, home built?
If Dell, we can get all the info from their site.

Download and install belarc advisor (from my signature). It will tell you the board manufacturer and model.