Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

function address protection fault error

• Please log in to reply

jmailf

jmailf

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
I keep getting an error message when i try to access my printers printing preferences. this is the error i receive....
function address 0x5f4d06c8 cause a protection fault (exception code 0xc0000005)....
what is going on, need assistance to fix problem. I ran regcure already but it did not fix anything.

Advertisements

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
This appears to be a print driver problem

What I would like you to try first is download new drivers for your printer. Do not install yet
Uninstall your current print drivers.
Reboot.
Stop and then restart spoolsv in administrative tools/services
Install the new drivers
Reboot

Does that cure the problem ?

jmailf

jmailf

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
I will try this later today since I am currently at work. I did run into another problem not related to this one.
Everytime I try to set up a home network for sharing drives and folders I can't. It keeps giving me a problem and I can't see the main computer on any of the other computers (wireless) in the house. At one time I did have it on the network and I could print from upstairs to my main computers printer but now it cannot. I have gone through the setup a home network but to no avail.....I run windows xp on all computers. Also when I go through the setup wizard I cannot select the option where it says does this computer connect directly to the internet option.
Main computer is connected directly to the wireless router and the other computers connect wirelessly to the router. Am I doing something wrong. Or do you think there is a problem with the computer not being able to be shared?

Again I will do what you asked on the printer when I get home later today.