Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Media test failure,check cable?

• Please log in to reply

inzonedj89

inzonedj89

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
Yea this download is confusing <,<. as me to install, then register and now it want ot scan my computer >.<

so how u put the software into the cd?? I ldidnt let it scan my computer though so I stop at that part.

Edited by inzonedj89, 18 January 2009 - 09:33 PM.

Advertisements

inzonedj89

inzonedj89

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
OK the laptop hard drive fail :), and I downloaded the wrong thing; I think gonna uninstall the file from my disk top.

PedroDaGR8

PedroDaGR8

• PipPipPip
  • 786 posts
OK. well now we know for sure.

inzonedj89

inzonedj89

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
Yea it good though, thanks for the help, I guess I go tell him the bad news.

I doing a virus scan right now just to make sure if I dont download any spyware,ad, or trojan just to be sure <,< they ask me to down load some stuff, which I donwload something else and then went back to the website again(wasnt sure if I DL the right product) and saw UMBC on the far left....., I should look to the far left than to see that big download thing on the center where it say 4.1 something >.< but it all same.

Right now I haven't find anything so it a good website and also safe site and I haven't see anything strange on my computer.

Just doing a virus scan in case because I remember downloading a patch for a online game which I haven't played in 2 year ago and few day later pop a brunch of ad, trojan, spyware, and about 3 backdoor, and some random voice from the speaker. <--- this was a horrible virus story for me and it was a popular gaming site which I downloaded and like (hint: EA), but this was during the time when I didn't have any antivirus software and was using the internet during that time but I learned my lesson, so every time I download a file(medium or huge) I do a virus scan and do scan every 3 week or so but now I mostly visit my email and read some news online or do some research when I get nothing to do.

Edited by inzonedj89, 18 January 2009 - 10:31 PM.

PedroDaGR8

PedroDaGR8

• PipPipPip
  • 786 posts
Yeesh, that's DEFINITELY a good idea.

inzonedj89

inzonedj89

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
Summary of Media test failure, check cable for Toshiba or any laptop

To tell if ur system is failing:

Step one; This can be find on going setup(my toshiba laptop is f2 for set up, which take u to the bios menu) and

look at the boot ;if it show

HD (harddrive name) if it dosent show ur hardrive name go to the main set up; should say main on the top
CD
FDD
LAN<---- ur system fail("This is the device checking for a bootable device for the boot over network (LAN)option. Since it is not coming before the HD, basically the computer can't see the drive and is going on to the Boot over LAN option. This is the normal thing that you will see when there is nothing available over the network for booting. You can get it to show up once on your own laptop by having boot over lan a higher priority than your HD. It will show this error and then boot from your HD," said PedroDaGR8 )

---------------
step 2: checking if the hard drive fail
--Go to this website http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/ and download UBCD 4.1 (pleas have sometype of antivirus scan or spyware scan)
---step to downloading it
------step 1;go to the website
------step 2; click on- download UBCD (it should be on the left and the color is red with some whole brunch of down this donate this and etc u should be able to see download UBCD)
----------- DO not click on the ad that is on the center and look on the box(that my first mistake >.<)
------step3; go to the bottom and look for zip or exc - I dowload my from MR. somthing. org
------step4; there will be a pop up saying save or open, click on save and open
------step5; after finshing download there going be some zip thing saying download/buy or have a 60 day trial this<--- do not click on that, just click the close button(X on the top right coner).
------step6; after click the close button u should be able to see ubcdnn.iso <--- nn(the version number such as ubmc4.11 or something nn is just the version number or number next to ubcd) but please put a bank cd in
Blank CD; I use CD-R, but you can try a CD-RW dont know if that work)
------step7; after that there should be a burner come up and should say(if you dont have a burner, I dont know, but I have nero smart something and the thing pop up automatic) something about burn the and hit ok.
------step8; after done burning, for my cd the cd came out automatic, Plz put it in ur hard drive during the PXE; media failure, cable. The cd is kinda slow so you must wait a while.
------step9; when the thing is finsh there should be a blue screen saying something. move down until u see Hard disk tool.
------step10; There a list of band name and click on that band name
------step 11; let it check eveything<--- this thing do it self and there a timer; if you want to do manual just hit ok for all of them
------step12; there going be a term agreement about doing this to ur computer <--- on all hit agreement for evey step
------step 13; The cd will start then start to download the from the cd<--- only take a few min
------step 14; The warning will come up tell u if they find an error in the HD<--- for me there was 3
HDD power cable<--- my fail or will say not find
HDD something<--- fail or not find
HDD something<--- fail or not fail
---------step15 last step; that all and i t will give u instruction on how to restart ur computer. Take out the disk and then there a black srceen and that where u can shut down ur power manual.
---------------------------------------
I suggest u to get a new hard drive if it fail

Credit- Geekstogo.com site, inzonedj89(typing this information), website, person who I download it from, and PedroDaGR8 that helped me

Edited by inzonedj89, 19 January 2009 - 09:32 AM.

PedroDaGR8

PedroDaGR8

• PipPipPip
  • 786 posts
Nice summary there. This way anyone who stumbles upon this from google, will know exactly what to do. Thanks for taking the time to do this. :)

jannasajan275

jannasajan275

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi folks

I discovered the problem. When you switch on your laptop, press F2, then check for boot options. Then make option 1 hard disk, then option cd rom and final option fdd

Save the changes

Then system will start normally

Have a good day!

ak4744710

ak4744710

• Pip
  • 1 posts
i had the same problem with a optiplez so i went it to my bios by hitting f2 and then went to boot sequence and my hard drive was not enabled so to enable it I had to push myn down arrow to where hard drive was highlighted then I hit the spacebar hit esc and then select save changes and exit then restart and everything works fine