Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Firefox Question?

• Please log in to reply

Webslinger64

Webslinger64

• PipPipPip
  • 567 posts
Anyone know how I can stop Firefox from automatically popping up user names for my various e-mail accounts, forum accounts, etc.? I have some guests in my home right now that can only access their gmail accounts from my computer. I would prefer that they not click on the 'user name' text box in gmail and see my various user names pop up. Any idea?

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
You might want to go to Tools>Options>Privacy tab and under Privacy Data set the options for everything after clearing all of them. Better if you would just set up a Guest account for your visitors to use as a login with limited privileges.

Webslinger64

Webslinger64

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 567 posts

You might want to go to Tools>Options>Privacy tab and under Privacy Data set the options for everything after clearing all of them. Better if you would just set up a Guest account for your visitors to use as a login with limited privileges.

I thought of the guest account, but they're only here a few days. Wasn't sure which might be easier, but thanks for the feedback. Now I know a bit more about Firefox.

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
You're welcome. I'm still learning Fireox and have used it for years. :)