Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

installation problem-sims house party

• Please log in to reply

jenny222

jenny222

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
Hi. I played the sims a couple of years ago then uninstalled all expansion packs and the sims at the time.i wanted to reinstall them yesterday.i installed the sims and sims supertstar and there was no probelm. When i came to install the sims house party the startup screen said 'play' when it wasnt even installed. so i opened the folder from my computer and ran 'setup.exe'. The installation came then it said'A previous the sims installation was found.continuieng inastallation' then it said' you have already installed version 1.3.aborting installation' then it closed and i cant install it. i opened the sims game to see if its installed like said then i found out its not installed. i dont understand y it doesnt want to install. the same happened for the sims livin large [doesnt want to install]. please help thanku. :)

Edited by jenny222, 20 January 2009 - 07:48 PM.

Advertisements

Holkeye

Holkeye

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
Go to Start Menu> Control Panel> Add or Remove Programs

Once you're in there, look for the expansions and uninstall them. If that doesn't work, you'll need to delete the registry files.

jenny222

jenny222

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Thankuuuuu unistalling idea worked.thanks again :)