Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Vista- IE problem

• Please log in to reply

dhearon

dhearon

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
Hello- I use Vista, with AVAST anti virus. When I launch my IE, and specifically go to my.aol.com, sometimes when I close it down, it will launch an infinite number of new AOL IE windows, forcing me to shut the computer down.

It seems like an aol directed virus, but I can't seem to find any such virus, so must be a bug of some sort?

Heres the Hijack this File:

Edited by sari, 09 February 2009 - 10:26 PM.
Removed HJT log

Advertisements

codyg_ie8team

codyg_ie8team

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Dhearon-
Hi, my name’s Cody, and I’m working with the Internet Explorer Outreach Team to help answer questions that users might have about their copies of Internet Explorer.
If you still haven’t been able to resolve your issue, a pretty simple solution that might work for you could be attempting to update to the latest version of the browser, Internet Explorer 8 RC1. This edition is stable and secure, and since it is considered a “release candidate,” (as opposed to a beta) it will be nearly identical to the soon to be officially released version of the browser. Here’s a link to the download: http://www.microsoft...x?ocid=ie8_sm_a
I hope this was helpful, let me know if this works. If not, let me know, and I’ll see if I can point you towards some other resources that might resolve your issue.
Thanks,
Cody
Internet Explorer Outreach Team