Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Vista Freezing up after a 15 alone

• Please log in to reply

The Good Times Panda

The Good Times Panda

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
Hi! I have had my laptop for almost a year now and it has started freezing up alot lately. when ever i leave it (15 mins or more) and come back all i can move is the mouse. when i crtl+atl+del it does nothing. every once in awhile (when its frozen) it will give out the loud beep (which i take for a "plz hold down the power button" kinda deal). my anti virus (norton 08 and windows deffender) wont do full scans, they always seem to get hung up on Zune. Some1 suggested i do it in safe mode, where norton got stuck on C:\programdata\sys...\{FCF6B885-4248-4736-AC4B-71E813F9DD44}. i need this sucka for college >.< so im hoping to get her fixed!

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts

I have had my laptop for almost a year

I assume, it still would be under warranty?
It may be your last chance to take advantage of it.