Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

IDX files appeared in my Pictures file

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts

I've never seen this file extension before. Don't know if this is malware. Can't open it up to even see what it is. All the stuff I pulled off the net wants me to buy some program to "fix" my registry.

How can I open file with this extension, if it's not dangerous?

If it is dangerous how can I safely remove all of it.

Or how can I figure out if it is, indeed, harmful.

Is there something I can download to help me fix this without paying for some slick program I don't really need on my PC?

Any input would be helpful... Oh, OS is XP Home, sp3

Thanks for your time

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts

All the stuff I pulled off the net wants me to buy some program to "fix" my registry.

Simply forget it.

.idx files might be coming from number of programs. Take a look here: http://filext.com/file-extension/IDX, and see, if any program looks familiar.