Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Final Fantasy VIII "wrong disk"

• Please log in to reply

Leviathan-Zero

Leviathan-Zero

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi @ all.
I hope I'm right in this forum. Anyway, I've got a problem with my good old game Final Fantasy VIII.
Every time I want to start a new game, the "wrong disk" screen appears. Actually this sounds like a very simple problem. But it's frustrating how such a little problem can prevent one from playing.
I tried everything. I looked at my disk many times to assure it to be the right one. Wouldn't work. I cleaned it. Wouldn't work. I considered that it might have some scratches and downloaded the image of that disk, to mount it with deamon tools. Wouldn't work. I looked for some No-CD cracks, but I didn't find any that worked.

By the way it's disk 1. (Sounds some kind of logical if I want to start a new game.)

I would be very thankful if you could give me any hint how to go on. :tazz:

Edit: The system I use is Windows 2000. FF8 should be compatible.

Edited by Leviathan-Zero, 06 May 2005 - 02:50 PM.

Advertisements

Dan

Dan

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 1,771 posts
Try inserting Disc 2? :tazz:

Leviathan-Zero

Leviathan-Zero

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
To start a new game disk 1 is better, I guess. :tazz:
I'll try to find a working no-cd crack. If you find one please post the link here.