Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

this may be a stupid question

• Please log in to reply

noobtech

noobtech

• PipPip
  • 69 posts
I came accross this very annoying thing (dr watson) i just wanna know what it is and what it does.

Advertisements

StarHawk

StarHawk

• PipPipPip
  • 189 posts
The following came from my Win98 help file

Dr. Watson is a diagnostic tool that takes a snapshot of your system whenever a system fault occurs. It intercepts software faults, identifies the software that faulted, and offers a detailed description of the cause. Dr. Watson can often diagnose the issue and offer a suggested course of action. When you contact Microsoft Technical Support for assistance, Dr. Watson is the tool used to help evaluate the problem.

Open your Windows help and click on The Index tab and type Dr Watson into the search
box to see what your XP help file has to say.

Also See http://support.micro...kb;EN-US;308538

Windows XP will run Dr Watson automatically in the event of a system crash or program error but one can disable that feature see http://www.pcanswers...ubsectionid=607

Since I don't have XP I can only suppose the info at pcanswers.com is accurate. For more info try typing Dr Watson into google.

StarHawk

Edited by StarHawk, 06 May 2005 - 03:22 PM.

bobbywilson

bobbywilson

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
I always thought he was Sherlock Holmes' mate! :tazz:

MR0624

MR0624

• PipPipPip
  • 367 posts
I thought he was a user on GTG.