Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Laptops and monitors.

• Please log in to reply

Shawn V.

Shawn V.

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Okay, i am using an HP laptop. It can connect externally to a monitor but only with vga. Now, i own a Samsung syncmaster 2493hm. It can be connected via, rgb/vga, dvi, and hdmi. 24inches. So, i have it connected using vga cable. Once i did this and adjusted settings to a style i liked......crash. I did this 5 times needing to reinstall the entire system 5 times from the start up screen using install as factory delivered. Now, i have come to the realization that the graphics card installed in this laptop is unupgradeable and unchangeable. Though i just don't believe that. The computer itself has the capabilities from what i can tell to do more if the graphics card was better. Now, the crazy thing about this is that i purchased Ascentive software that was intended for something entirely different and yet, i know seem to be having no problems at all. I'm using the monitor now actually. I just need help on figuring out this laptop and learn how to utilize my memory ram in a better more efficient way for the things i do. which is mainly sitting on the internet and doing nothing. I would like to get into gaming, but am afraid the first game i attempt to play with intense graphics will just tank my computer. I can add any details needed to help me upgrade, adjust, fix, or even tear it apart and add newer and better hardware. I just want to get more from this computer than i feel i actually am getting. Thank you.

Advertisements