Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

blocked from school network

• Please log in to reply

cdclled

cdclled

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Was wondering if some of the networking experts could help me out. My school has blocked all computers that were running any sort of filesharing program. In order to become unblocked they require bringing your computer to them so they can check to make sure you don't have any filesharing software. They have not blocked my user id on the network as my laptop still works. They have essentially just blocked my specific computer. Is there any setting I can change so that the network will not recognize it? I tried doing iprelease, iprenew as well as changing the computer name and workgroup name, but nothing has worked. What is the network using to recognize the computer? I use a belkin wireless card to connect to the wireless network. Any help would be much appreciated!

Advertisements

Dan

Dan

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 1,771 posts
I'm sorry cdclled, but we aren't going to help you circumvent your school's networking restrictions -- I'm afraid you're going to have to play by their rules.

- Dan