Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ooking for external hard drive w/ fan

• Please log in to reply

wallo

wallo

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I posted this on a different forum, but thought I would expand my search here. What is a good, reliable external hard drive preferably with a fan and a decent protected enclosure, perhaps metal, and can be bought at a retailer like Best Buy? I was thinking about a 250-400 gigs of space for it.

I know some drives die earlier than others for various reasons, but I'm looking for one that's recommended to at least last a couple years. If such a product exists.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Like the car, ia hard drive should last practically forever if you look after it. Therefore don't drop it, don't hit it, don't let the dog or the kids get to it and so on and so forth.
Drives are no more unreliable than they were ten years ago.