Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

please advise spy-agent.bw!.mem

• Please log in to reply

dpacski09

dpacski09

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
Forgive my ignorance but I have xp media edition opened an email with a pic attachment mcafee alerted me to the virus I shut the computer down when I rebooted (some time later) all that showed up was my background picture i was able to get to my virus scanner through the ctrl alt delete menu..ran the scanner and a couple of viruses came up and the spy-agent.bw!mem mcafee said "cannot be quarantined" so I roboot and now at the log in screen after i enter my password it logs in and immediately logs me off taking me back to the initial log in screen. This happens in both safe mode and normal start-up. I have no other accounts set up so I guess I just don't know what to do now is there any help available

thanks,

dave

Edited by dpacski09, 26 January 2009 - 09:51 PM.

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
I suggest you go to the Malware Forum and run all the steps located in the START HERE. These self-help tools will help you clean up 70% of problems on your own. If you are still having problems after doing the steps, then please post a HiJackThis Log in THAT forum. If you are unable to run and/or post a HJT log, then post that in your initial post in the topic you create in that forum.

If you are still having problems after being given a clean bill of health from the malware expert, then please return to THIS thread and we will pursue other options to help you solve your current problem(s).

pambi

pambi

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I will forgive your ingnorance if you will forgive mine as I have encountered the same problem and have found it to be extremely frustrating. Hoping beyond hope that I can "fix" it. Only, my McAfee didn't alert me to anything........Hmmm...
pambi

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
Follow Broni's instructions

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts

I will forgive your ingnorance

Good one :)

pambi

pambi

• Pip
  • 2 posts
ingnorance...ok..so I'm also an illiterate speller LOL!! I did get my bug problem fixed. Was chatting to my brother about it and he had mentioned Malware Bytes Anti-malware and also found a link for it while browsing your site. Downloaded it, ran it and WOW!!! fabulous program..found all kind of bugs I had no idea I had. Had to restart to thoroughly get rid of everything. Ran another McAfee virus scan and it came out clean. Ran the anti-malware again just to make sure and it came out clean..I am a happy girl!! Many thanks!!

Pam

gandalfbrb

gandalfbrb

• Pip
  • 1 posts
i have the same problem but now i cant even install or run anything. Dont know what to do plz help.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I suggest you go to the Malware Removal and Spyware Removal Forum and run all the steps located in the START HERE. These self-help tools will help you clean up 70% of problems on your own. If you are still having problems after doing the steps, then please post the reguested logs in THAT forum. If you are unable to run any of the tools then start a new topic in the malware forum and put this in the subject line...I am unable to run any malware tools