Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Updates turned off

• Please log in to reply

Cox Manor

Cox Manor

• Pip
  • 1 posts
My windows updates are turned off by some sort of virus. I have tried everything I knew to try to get them turned back on I went to the security panel multiple times it says it is on there but i constantly have the red warning shield on down in the lower right hand box. I tried to go to the windows update page to no avail it tells me that i can not update my pc because it is turned off. I got into contact with my computer manufacturer they told me to try to do a system restore or a full system restore ( destructive) all of the system restore points are gone with only today's date on there. and i can not do a full system restore (destructive) because i never get the option to in the boot up. I have tried and checked many times. The virus has even corrupted my anti virus software multiple times. I am about ready to just pitch the computer and try again but it is less than 3 months old what should i do??

Advertisements

karbo

karbo

• PipPipPip
  • 131 posts
If you have a malware related problem, you are not in the right section of the forum. You should be in the Malware removal section.

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
Please go to the malware forum and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the CLICK HERE.

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post a hijackthis log in THAT forum.