Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

File System Error 65535

• Please log in to reply

Lougi

Lougi

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Well, after modifying the imageres.dll in System32 to gain ownership to use a theme, things have hit the fan.

Icons in folders no longer show. The Control Panel shows up blank, and absolutely nothing can be launched without getting this error.

I've searched and searched, but have yet to find a solution. I've tried renaming the file to its original. I've tried booting from the Vista disc. This simply boots Vista normally, even if I have no secondary boot device. I have tried booting into Safe Mode to no avail. My F8 will not work for the life of me. System Restore will not work, as I get the same error. I've tried powering down manually using the surge protector to get the prompt, but... wait for this. My keyboard ceases to work and does not allow me to select any options for booting.

I'm running out of options here and I'm getting very frustrated. Needless to say, I'm never again going to even attempt using a theme that requires modification of any System files.

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts

I've tried booting from the Vista disc

Did you press "any key" to boot from DVD, when asked?

System Restore will not work, as I get the same error

...and the error is?