Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Any suggestions for this site?

• Please log in to reply

firegeek

firegeek

G

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
Hello,

I would appreciate critiques of my site.
It's my first to actually make it on the web.

Thank you,
Firegeek

www.casalefloors.com

Edited by firegeek, 06 May 2005 - 11:31 PM.

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Looks nice and clean. Little barren, but not bad for 1st online site. Only a few errors in coding, but nothing major. May give you some problems getting page validated even though you're using HTML 4.01 Transistional. Are you designing page only for 800x600 screen res? I was viewing page at 1024x768 res with Firefox. Didn't check your page with other browsers I have.

Ron

firegeek

firegeek

G

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Thank you.

I to am viewing it at 1024x768 res with Firefox. It seems to work equally well with ie in other screen resolutions. Still a work in progress. Look at the photo glarey pages, if you like.

Firegeek

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Nice photos. Like the way you're using Flash for them and the controller. Need any help, just yell.

I'm working on a lady's business Web site right now. She's had it going for a while and editing is rough. Lot of incorrect code, use of tags, etc., so none validate. Use FrontPage originally which really did a number on the pages. But we're getting it cleaned up.

Ron

califor

califor

• Pip
  • 7 posts
I must say it has a nice layout and colours; that match to your topic!

Yes I like it, you can add something more on the home page/right side maybe a picture to give it more style.

Karl

Guest_jake6535_*

Guest_jake6535_*
I always use Mosiac as my "page validator". But, here's what your site does:
Posted Image
(Click to enlarge)

I have no idea. Anyways, views great in Firefox, Opera, Mozilla, Netscape, IE, and AOL. :tazz:

firegeek

firegeek

G

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Thanks, maybe it's an issue with the hosting company.
I'll look into it.

firegeek

firegeek

G

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
I'll look into it.

Sorry for the dupe.

Edited by firegeek, 09 May 2005 - 06:52 PM.

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts

I'll look into it.

View Post

Are you trying to validate your page? The home page has about 7 minor coding problems, but you have no characterter encoding label in a <meta> tag. I've had no problems accessing your site's pages wherever you had good links. Most of your pages need proper coding and the character encoding between the <head> tags if you wish W3C.org to properly validate your pages. Even if you have Firefox and the Web Tools installed, you will not get a proper validation.

Sticking with the (!DOCTYPE) of transistional will make it easier, but you might keep in mind to moving up to Strict for the future because you will have to go back and recode all your pages if you want to do it. Noticed you are using Microsoft Visual Studio.. Wonder why it doesn't provide the <meta> tag with the character encoding?

Another thing you might think about is adding a <meta> tag with "keywords". Checkout an online <meta> generator and have it set you up. Can send you links and/or a <meta> Script Generator you can make yourself and use. You need to think about things like getting your page ranked and you have too little info for search engines to go on.

Just rechecked your site and all pages load quickly. Did not fill in the "Estimate Form" to see if that worked. I'm sure you've done that.

Ron

firegeek

firegeek

G

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
I started out using Visual Studio.net. Now I'm using Dreamweaver. Long story... I need to spend some time in just looking at the coding and not so much WSIWIG. Yes the estimate form works great. In fact I have yet to run accross a problem other than validating. Really appreciate the input.

Thanks.
Erik

Spike3

Spike3

• PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
Nice site, just a few things missing, like some nice images to break it up a little. Maybe a few pics here and there, of where you are, your warehouse/office/factory/shop. Maybe a feww employees piccies of them hard at work?

Just a suggestion!