Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

'open with' choose program...none work

• Please log in to reply

Dredfy

Dredfy

• Pip
  • 3 posts
what programs do i need?i have windows 2000...when i open anything it gives me options...once adobe worked,but for other files(FormatFactory right now)none of my listed programs can open it...im guessing this is fairly easy to find or fix because i cant find any posts about it...but ive been searching everywhere for awhile now(the program sites,search engines with every possible combination of words,microsofts help site) and i cant seem to find an answer.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Without knowing what you're trying to open, very little assistance can be provided. Like phoning up the local garage and saying the car won't start, what do I do?

Dredfy

Dredfy

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
ok sorry...let me try to explain a little better...i have a sansa sandisk clip(mp3 player)
i downloaded limewire and some audio files but to play the limewire files on the sansa clip i need a program to convert the files,i found that a program called Format Factory is recomended and downloaded it.now it is on my comp and the picture of the file has the windows logo and my current programs do not work to open it,(since this has happened with other files i thought i may be missing a major program)but my question now is what do i need to open this file?Properties:it is titled FFSetup it is a ZIP file size 17.6MB and i am not sure what other information would be needed....but typing in all this on multiple search sites is getting me nowhere,i am hoping someone who has the file and program to open it can post that program or if there is like a master file opening program or something...if this is not enough plz let me know what other info is required.

Throoper

Throoper

• PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
You need to unzip the file. GO HERE for a freeware zip utility (download the 32 bit exe).
Once it's installed, right click the Zip file, on the menu click 7-Zip>Extract Here and the FFSetup will extract to the same folder that the zip file is located in.

Dredfy

Dredfy

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
thanx