Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Java Script Error

• Please log in to reply

intelneohuman

intelneohuman

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hey there.

I have this problem here, whereby I am unable to access my messages in Hotmail. Please refer to the picture provided.

Posted Image[/URL]

I think the image is really blur. Anyway, for those who need the image as reference, please PM me asap together with your MSN address. I will send it to you.

I have asked around and realised that this has something to do with java script. Therefore, I have downloaded and installed the latest JRE, all my windows component and enabled Java and Java script.

I have also tried adding Jscript.dll to System and installed it, cleared my DNS cache through CMD and seek for help here. And yet, the problem is still there. Stuck at the loading part.

The funny thing is that my whole system is FRESHED! Just formatted it, hoping it will solve the problem and...

So what am I supposed to do? Have just sent a feedback to Microsoft regarding this matter.

Advertisements

karbo

karbo

• PipPipPip
  • 131 posts
So, you can get into your account but cannot open a message at all?

You should post back another screenshot. We really can't see much. The picture is so small.

To take a screeshot, follow these instructions:

- Open your Hotmail page, hit Printscreen to capture the webpage;

- Open Paint and paste the screenshot in there;

- Save as a JPEG file;

- Post it back here.

Do you really get a Java Script Error or you're just assuming it is?

Thanks

Edited by karbo, 02 February 2009 - 08:06 AM.

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
First, do the image using the img Icon in the editor when you post. Otherwise, wrap it in the url tags or make a text link to image using same url tags that are put in for you within the editor.

Second, Java and JavaScript are two different things. You can test for the latest Java install HERE. Verify Java version HERE. Download Java, IF needed, here: Java for Windows - Firefox/Mozilla. Other operating systems HERE.

For java script: How to turn on or "enable" Javascript

intelneohuman

intelneohuman

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

So, you can get into your account but cannot open a message at all?

You should post back another screenshot. We really can't see much. The picture is so small.

To take a screeshot, follow these instructions:

- Open your Hotmail page, hit Printscreen to capture the webpage;

- Open Paint and paste the screenshot in there;

- Save as a JPEG file;

- Post it back here.

Do you really get a Java Script Error or you're just assuming it is?

Thanks

Hey there. Here's the updated images.

Posted Image

I am sorry. I just dont know why the image is so small.

As you can see at the bottom left of the screenshot, there is a loading sign. And yes, I can into my account but have no access at all to my messages or even delete them.

Try to refer Posted Image

Edited by intelneohuman, 03 February 2009 - 05:46 AM.

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Not at all sure that is a problem with HotMail or Java as the bottom status bar indicates that page has loaded. Possibly you may have some program blocking a possible ad trying to load. Do you have problems with the site in Internet Explorer or Maxthon (uses same IE engine)?

You image is so small because you use the link to the thumbnail and not the REAL image: "http://img179.images...ailpageiq3.png"

Note the "th" in your link for thumbnail.

Edited by Major Payne, 03 February 2009 - 11:03 AM.

intelneohuman

intelneohuman

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hey, thanks for the info.

Now I finally know what has gone wrong! I have actually been using this Admunch to 'eat' up unwanted ads and I guess somehow one of the settings prevent me from accessing my mails. After I have exited that application, everything is smooth already and I am able to access and delete my mail.

Really appreciated your help, Major Payne and Karbo

Edited by intelneohuman, 04 February 2009 - 03:30 AM.

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
You're welcome. Happy to hear you nailed the problem down.

intelneohuman

intelneohuman

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
hey there. Although my problem is solved by exiting Admunch application, but Admunch had helped me a lot in removing unwanted ads and it only gives me a slight problem with my hotmail. So if anyone here knows how to disable the 'filtering' for hotmail.com or anything associated to hotmail, kindly guide me through this problem. Thanks

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Might try Firefox and the ad blocker add-ons they have for it.