Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

OnClick, Line 1: unexpected symbol near '<'

• Please log in to reply

nexusbilly2

nexusbilly2

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Good day to all of us here.

I'm a newbie here.

I've been searching over the internet (google, yahoo and the types) for any solution for my problem.

The topic says my problem.

I saw the threads about the topic / problem in this site and did all the solutions suggested but nothing happened.

First, whenever the pop-up window shows, I launched the task manager but there is othing in the applications tab so there is no Go To Process to be performed since nothing will be selected.

Second, I tried the ATF Cleaner to clean / clear temp folders but it the pop-up window still shows up.

I also have Malwarebytes installed but whenever I scan my computer, nothing is detected.

Anyone who can help me? Please?

By the way, I also have HJThis and used it for scanning, nothing is detected.

Thanks in advance.

Billy

Advertisements

karbo

karbo

• PipPipPip
  • 131 posts
It still looks like malware. Please visit this link first. If nothing helps, post your thread with a HJT log in the Malware removal section and be patient. An expert will help you.

Thank you

Edited by karbo, 02 February 2009 - 08:13 AM.

nexusbilly2

nexusbilly2

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
karbo,

thanks.

by this time you guys reading this, I am doing the instructions you said.

I am so sorry for niot folling the entire instructions I read several days ago because of my frustrations.

Don't worry. I will be patient enough to do what I read in this site.

Thank you again.

Billy

nexusbilly2

nexusbilly2

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Guys,

Good day to all of us.

I've been doing all the necessary steps for my problem. I think I really have to be patient about this. Anyways, I will be visiting this site for any updates I will have or the others will share.

Thanks.

nexusbilly2

nexusbilly2

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Guys,

Good day to all of us.

I already did the instructions for my problem and still have the problem (the title says the problem). I am posting this log from HiJackThis. The log is below.

As what this website told me that most of the geeks here are also busy, I am not in a hurry. My problem with this annoying PC of mine is still tolerable... well... not that much but manageable.

In advance, I would like to thank everyone here for any help, update or whatever that will come up in the near future.

(note: I have nothing to do but to wait for any results. I am not buying a new PC cause I'm broke... totally broke... that I need more than 2 million pesos [that is more than US$45000] for my debt and I cannot afford to buy a new PC nor any parts or any software. Good thing my brother lets me use his internet connection.)

So please help me with this problem.

Thanks again in advance.

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
Please go to the malware forum and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the CLICK HERE.

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post a hijackthis log in THAT forum.

milla80

milla80

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi,
I would appreciate any assistance with regard to the following. I have a computer at home that continually restarts when it is turned on. I searched online re: the issue and one solution was to repair windows xp. I follow the instructions to repair - similar to the instructions at the beginning of this thread but get stuck at the step where I should be selecting windows os to repair. Windows xp is not an option - rather I have the following two items listed: Partition 1 [FAT 1] 31 MB (29 free)
Partition 2 [NTFS] 38139 MB (28100 MB free).
Does these mean that there is a much more serious problem on my PC and repairing the system is not the way to go? I would like to save any data I have on this PC....the computer has not even been hooked up to the internet for months - i purchased a new PC and had this one sitting in a spare room and used it now and than - one day I turned it on and it just continually restarted - even when I selected safe mode.

Thank you for your time.

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
Please make your own topic for your problem, rather than post in somebody else's

nexusbilly2

nexusbilly2

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Rorschach112,

Thanks. I already did everything in the Malware Removal Forum that is why I posted the HiJackThis log.

Thanks again.

nexusbilly2

nexusbilly2

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Guys,

I think the info below will help:

Run with parameters: "autorun"
C:\Documents and Settings\Billy Gil\Local Settings\Temp\ir_ext_temp_15\autorun.exe "C:\DOCUME~1\BILLYG~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\ir_ext_temp_15\autorun.exe" "SFXSOURCE:C:\WINDOWS\system32\updater\explorer.exe"

I just notice after installing a keylogger program (well, my brother did), I always see this in the log of the program. I don't remember anything installed under that temporary file that is generated by the explorer.exe under updater. As what I know, explorer.exe is located under C:\WINDOWS folder. I am now having doubts that the one - C:\WINDOWS\system32\updater\explorer.exe is somewhat a virus.

Do you think it is safe to remove this file?

Edited by nexusbilly2, 17 February 2009 - 07:10 AM.

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
Please let a malware staff member get to your log

Don't delete anything yourself

nexusbilly2

nexusbilly2

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
To Rorschach112,

Okay. I will not delete any file. Gee. I forgot. Thanks, dude.