Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer Error (Blue Screen)

• Please log in to reply

Linkhasafan

Linkhasafan

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Well so I was having problems with Fable The Lost Chapters, so I called Microsoft, and they told me to get these codes. (after 48 minutes >_>) Anyways, in the end I got these codes.

*** Stop: 0x0000008E (0xC0000010, 0xE2F648CD, 0xA7BCA88C, 0x00000000)

We both agreed it wasn't the game (or atleast he did...) and told me to call my Manufacture. Well I don't want to spend $80 to make a call to get help to possible get told "You need a soundcard," which I could buy for that. So anyways, any ideas? I'm guessing the sound card because my graphics card is pretty good.

My specs are:
Window's XP (plenty of space)
ATI Radeon x1550 (updated)
AC97 Sound Card

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
When does the error happen? Is your computer operable?

Linkhasafan

Linkhasafan

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
My computer works fine and it happens after the opening scene begins, right when it's about to let me take control. I turned off the automatic restart option like they told me to, otherwise it would restart on it's own.

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts

it happens after the opening scene begins, right when it's about to let me take control

In a game?

Linkhasafan

Linkhasafan

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

it happens after the opening scene begins, right when it's about to let me take control

In a game?

Fable the Lost Chapters, I'm guessing if I did any other Microsoft games I'm guessing I'd get the same problem. I'm also getting this will fix another problem from awhile ago.

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
Well, if it happens in that particular game only, and the computer otherwise works well, I'd start with reinstalling the game.

Linkhasafan

Linkhasafan

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I have re installed twice, going into custom, express, and messing with the extra options. Anyways it works fine with the Sims 2, but Microsoft games are alot more complicated and recent. Plus Fable is such a large game it's probably twice the size of the Sims 2. So I know it's not the game, plus if you read my post, it says I was told it was my computer. That's why it gave me a crap load of codes.

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
Download, and install WhoCrashed: http://www.resplende...rashedSetup.exe
Open it, click Analyze button.
WhoCrashed will create report.
Copy, and paste it into your next reply.

Linkhasafan

Linkhasafan

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I'll do it later, I'm on a different computer.

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
No problem :)