Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problems uninstalling DrawPlus 3.0

• Please log in to reply

SpazRaven

SpazRaven

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Your probably thinking what the heck, the program is old and your right as it came out in 1995. So I dont even know how I got it in my computer but its been there a long time. The problem is theres no uninstall exe and Ive looked everywhere and I cant find it. The location of it is: "C:\Program Files\Broderbund\DrawPlus\Drawplus.exe" and Broberbund being the people that created The Print Shop Deluxe 10 and I do have the cds for that but it didnt come on the cds either. Also the program DraPlus 3.0 runs find with no errors but its so old I dont even use it. Id really appreciate your help, thanks.

My System:

Microsoft Windows XP
Media Center Edition
Version 2002
Service Pack 3

Hewlett-Packed Company
HP Pavilion
AMD Athlon 64 Processor
3500+
984 MHz, 1.00 GB of RAM
Physical Address Extension

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Just go to the path you gave and right-click on "Broderbund". Select "Delete" and send the mess to the Recycle Bin for now. The Bin can be cleaned later. You may or may not have remnants left elsewhere on your hard drive and possibly in your Registry. Usually these do not cause any problems other than taking up space.

You could do a search for everything you think is related to "Drawplus" and see if it is something that could be deleted.

If you feel uncomfortable doing it this way, you can try re-installing DrawPlus 3.0 and then use the uninstall program it uses.

SpazRaven

SpazRaven

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thank you very much for helping out :) I went with just the deleting seeing I couldnt download an older version. Thanks again I appreciated the help...

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
You're welcome. The link I gave was to the old version. Was it just a download problem with it? If deleting worked for you, you might want to run Disk Cleanuo and Defragmenter Utilities. Once done and all is working as you wish, you might be sure a Restore Point is made.