Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

have question about internet sharing

• Please log in to reply

rinconjoe

rinconjoe

• PipPip
  • 91 posts
well wear do I start my cable connection speed is this on a net gear gigbit router
upload is 7870 my down load is 971
I have two computers hard wired into router , both connect with gigbit net cards
Ok so If I took computerone and put in a wireless G card and unplugged the wire card from it. would the computer two be faster even more.
basically I play games she dont .

Advertisements

Gnomad1600

Gnomad1600

• PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
You definitely have your download and upload speeds reversed, download is always faster than upload, unless you have a T1 line where they will be equal. To answer your question though, no going wireless will not speed up one computer over the other. When possible, always use wired connections.

rinconjoe

rinconjoe

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
but that dont make since since its wired and the wireless would only be a g which is 54 bits compaired to wired

Gnomad1600

Gnomad1600

• PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
Your internet connection is only about about 15% of your wireless card bandwidth ,and only about 8% of your wired bandwidth. Making one wireless will not speed up the wired connection. For reliability I always use wired connections when possible.