Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

IE & mozilla firefox won't connect

• Please log in to reply

njlock

njlock

• PipPipPip
  • 353 posts
I took my brothers computer to my shop for a tweaking/debugging. The only problem I had was AOL would keep poping up whenever I tried to access any web page on IE. So I did something in "internet options" To stop it from poping up, & I remember saying to myself, "I hope this does'nt cause any problems later?" So this did solve the problem, and I did all the tweaks/debuggig in the malware section. The computer was running fine when It left my shop.

BTW I have cable internet, My Bother has Vios.

So the problem is IE & mozilla firefox (which I downloaded because IE would'nt connect) won't connect (it will start & try to connect, but won't) at my brothers house. He can connect by starting up AOL, (definitly broadband, no phone wires attached, router showing activity) but some web pges won't connect even on AOL. I'm showing a good 100 mhtz (?) broadband connection thru the network card. I checked all the lan settings , I have tried with automatically detect settings checked and unchecked, just wont connect? I tried all the different ways to setup an internet connection, no good, I tried to repair the connection, no good, I tried everything I could think of, no good.

He still is showing 2 old dial up connections, should I delete them? We have "never dial a connection" selected.

Should I try deleting and reinstalling IE?

Thanks!

Advertisements

Team Intense

Team Intense

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
did you try to 'ping' some websites? try also to reset your brother's router.

njlock

njlock

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts
2 other computers using router work fine, & We are receving the ip address, and can connect via AOL.