Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Print jobs disappear from print queue instantly

• Please log in to reply

astrosoup

astrosoup

• PipPipPip
  • 181 posts
We recently purchased an HP Photosmart c4480 that advertises full compatibility with Vista 64 bit. We have installed the software that came with the printer. It seemed to install okay, and all diagnostics procedures say it is working correctly, however, when we try to print anything, including a windows test page, the document shows up in the queue for less than a second before it vanishes. If you double click on the document in the queue before it goes away, it gives the following error: "Document properties cannot be displayed. Operation could not be completed (error 0x00000057)". HP's test page (coming from the printer) prints just fine. It just doesn't receive document from Windows.

On tech support with HP we went through several steps. We tried diagnostics options, we tried setting the printer up with an alternate driver- hp c990, and finally, after about two hours of these, he told me he would send me an email concerning a "level 3 uninstall" procedure and dropped me. I never received an email, so I tried uninstalling everything hp related to the best of my ability, rebooting and reinstalling, as I had done several times already. This time, I first tried the vista 64-bit drivers from hp's website for this printer. Both the full and basic drivers failed midway through saying, "requested file could not be found" and producing a log report listed in code. Then it reverses the installation. Anyways, reinstalling with the CD brought me back to square one.

I am not sure if the problem is in HP's software, or in Vista's but I am at my wits end, here, so if anyone knows how to get this printer working on 64-bit vista, I would much appreciate it.

FULL TEXT OF ERROR MESSAGE:

The following lines of were retrieved from the installation error logs.

Now Launching=X:\hpqbhp01.exe -* "X:\autorun.inf" -nosplash 
-checkPath -I XXX  -f "X:\hpoins29.dat" -Validate No dat" Validate No
LaunchApp("X:\hpqbhp01.exe" -* "X:\autorun.inf" -nosplash 
-checkPath -I XXX -f "X:\hpoins29.dat" -Validate No dat" -Validate No 
Exit code=2

Advertisements

hotsoslil

hotsoslil

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello!

Have you found an answer to your problem? I have a similar one. Let me know, and I'll let you know if I find an answer.

:confused: