Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wireless Mouse problems

• Please log in to reply

gbarber52

gbarber52

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have a wireless mouse and keyboard that came with my desktop. When I switch user profile the mouse freezes. The keyboard works to some degree. Any suggestions on what I can do to fix this?

Thank you,

Grace

Advertisements

Ferrari

Ferrari

PC SURGEON

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts
I just wonder if you have to somehow install the software for that on the other users account. I normally don't think you have to ever do that, but maybe that's something you can try exploring.

Also, try going to the control panel and click on the mouse or keyboard icon and see if it gives you any options under any of the tabs or advanced tabs that would apply to your situation.

Click on START >> CONTROL PANEL >> search for the MOUSE or KEYBOARD ICON Double click on those.

Thats all I know...I'm not an expert please be advised.

gbarber52

gbarber52

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I am not sure what is going on with the mouse. I will try installing the drivers again and try on both profiles. If I plug in a wireless USB mouse it works fine on the other profile. When I first log into the other user the mouse works and then just freezes up. It seems to have the problem when switching from one user to the other and it doesn't seem to matter in which order I start.

If boot up the pc and start in the profile that is not working now and then switch I have the same problem.

Thanks for your input.

Ferrari

Ferrari

PC SURGEON

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts
I don't know much more than that...sorry I couldn't help more. Reinstalling everything isn't a bad idea...hopefully an expert can get in here and help you further.

I'll continue to watch the topic to learn.