Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help with laptop xp MCE 2005

• Please log in to reply

The Game

The Game

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello, new poster here :)

I have a laptop with Xp MCE 2005, and yesterday it went crazy, i downloaded a couple of new drivers (16) because it hasnt been updated in a year after i installed the drivers and restarted it happened.

I have pictures and docs to save but anytime i plug in a usb drive it dosnt work and if i hook up and EHD it detects it but when i go into it it says Drive not formatted format now? which i cant do because has back up on that.
i unistalled all usb root hub and everything under Universal Serial Bus Cont. also when i try to Add/Remove progs or try to go into a specific folder it says Insufficient system resources exist ..." and programs are missing and or corrupted to like Anti Virus cant start up becuase mossing things are missing.

Any ideas you guys got ill take thanks :)

Advertisements

twit

twit

• Pip
  • 8 posts
I'm a newbie intern and I don't know much but : Try restarting in safe mode and removing the drivers you recently installed. Try system restore if that fails (doubtful it'll help), then run a chkdsk.
If all that crap fails then you may have to format and reinstall your OS. Almost sounds like you may have conflicting drivers trying to run the same resources.
Like I said.... I'm new.... Listen to the higher ups on here. This is just my take.