Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

does MSI K9N2 SLIM PLATIUM need an extra card?

• Please log in to reply

zhergiox

zhergiox

• Pip
  • 1 posts
The shop assitant told that if i wanted to buy a MSI k9n2 slim platinum i needed to buy an extra card like PCI EXPRESS to watch videos and play games or maybe to plug monitor and those things.
Is that true?
:)

Advertisements

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts

The shop assitant told that if i wanted to buy a MSI k9n2 slim platinum i needed to buy an extra card like PCI EXPRESS to watch videos and play games or maybe to plug monitor and those things.
Is that true?
:)

If this is your motherboard below it does in fact have an INTEGRATED video card built onto the motherboard. The thing is, integrated video cards do in fact suck if you want to be doing any kind of gaming. They will do fine for watching movies though but a pci express video card will be much much better overall.

http://www.newegg.co...-MSI-_-13130161

If you did not already buy that mobo I do however suggest to buy a different mobo that has better reviews on it.

Edited by jrm20, 08 February 2009 - 10:14 PM.