Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

WTB/WTT: Anyone have a P4 sitting around?

• Please log in to reply

gbowne1

gbowne1

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
Anyone have any extra Pentium 4 chips Socket mPGA478B? I need one for a Soyo P4I865PE Plus Dragon 2 board. It will take up to a 3.4GHz chip. I looked and l can only get LGA chips from local sources. I don't do EBAY or PAYPAL.

Thanks

Advertisements

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts

Anyone have any extra Pentium 4 chips Socket mPGA478B? I need one for a Soyo P4I865PE Plus Dragon 2 board. It will take up to a 3.4GHz chip. I looked and l can only get LGA chips from local sources. I don't do EBAY or PAYPAL.

Thanks

I read on a site that mobo supports all available 478 pentium 4 processors even the prescotts.

http://www.motherboa...rds/1435_2.html

I do however have a 478 p4 prescott 3.0ghz IN a fully built pc excluding the harddrive in my storage building that is of no use to me. I would be willing to get rid of the system or cpu at the right price. I would only do paypal so IDK how that would work for you. I am a busy man and have busy hours at my new job also.

It was my last pc, I went all out on it at the time DFI Lanparty pro mobo, 6800gt, 1.5gb corsair xms ram, thermaltake 420W psu. Now it is considered old and obsolete though LOL.

My current q6600, 4gb ram, 8800gts (g92) is working fine now but I am already itching to upgrade once again for gaming purposes. Probably a whole new pc.

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts
Newegg.com

p4 prescott socket 478 $79.

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16819116027

gbowne1

gbowne1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
I have a lot of stuff I could trade for it.. though I really just need the chip.

I no longer have or wish to have a paypal or ebay account.

I would also like some DDR 2.5V 4GB 184-pin PC4000 non-ECC, unbuffered 184-pin DDR SDRAM memory.

I'm replacing my old P4 server that was a 2.4ghz..

I'd really love the 3.4GHz 0.13 micron P4 chip.. but it's gotta be a 533 or a 800MHz FSB chip.

I'm gonna have it fully populated with the 2 ATA/IDE/PATA and 4 SATA drives I have..

The client PC is a much faster one running Vista Home Premium 64bit OEM with 8gb.

Today I set it up with the P4 chip that I have and flashed the BIOS with the new one just to make sure.

Greg

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts
all of the 478 socket p4's are either 533 or 800mhz fsb. Some of the lga 775's have higher than 800mhz fsb though but we do not have to worry about that as you have a socket 478.

Id recommend just getting the p4 3.0ghz from newegg I linked.

gbowne1

gbowne1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
Got any ideas for my memory? I'm used to buying Kingston. I'd love to have the 4gb chips of PC4000. 2's would be ok but I like to go all out when I build. But, if Crucial Ballistix are still available I could get some of those in 2 or 4gb.

All of my hard drives are over 500gb.. (I have a lot of stuff on my PC!)

Greg